Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Punjabi tadka

Every culture has its own way of celebrating their occasions. Till now i had an acute knowledge of my own culture .. The rest was just an idea which i acquired via movies (which i love watching) and readings here n there. But i got an unprecedent opportunity to visit one of common friend's bro pre-wedding bash. She was a PUNJABI or rather a SARDAR n to everyone who does not know this(which i did not know before) there is a considerable difference between a Punjabi and a Sardar.
I was completely unaware of that until i actually reached d venue. I was told by my *friend* that its just a pre-wedding ritual ceremony but when i reached there , not only i realised that it was lavish n stylish but i was sooo underdressed for d occasion. I spent almost ten mins outside d actual venue just thinking should i enter should i run from there.Finally motivated myself by giving a lecture to my mind that looks n dressing does not matter n how u behave n what u think n blah blah blah n finally entered d arena!!
The first thing i noticed when i entered was all girls were really tall n all guys were wearing kurtas with their sleeves up.
The food was mouth as well as eyes-watering considering the level of spice!
Ladies were dressed at their best n everybody looked like my mom considering even my mom is well built n tall:-P.

We were threatened that if we dont have food now then we may not get it later even if its left. And i quickly grabbed a plate n filled d belly to d extreme.
Then there came d best part... THE D.J!! And to my surprise, i could only find females running to shake a leg which was unbelievable as i wud never see that in my world. Guys were dragged every now n then. I noticed an unforgettable scene.. The DJ was been played at its loudest n there was this small kid, sitting with spoons, chairs in front of him, trying to match d beats of the music. Its turned from funny to exhilarating when he pulled up another chair as two chairs were incompetent to match d beats of 400db of sound n d kid was so engrossed in doing so that he did not realise around 50 eyes from all directions watching him. That moment cannot be expressed in words. At that time, i actually got d literal meaning of LMAO!!!
That was one memory i took it with me while returning back. Looking forward for d actual marriage .. May god bless d lucky couple!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment